Monday, June 23, 2008

California Time

So I am having a HELL of a time trying to sleep. I was in CA last week, and got back last Friday night. Since staying up late and sleeping in s cool in my book anyway, it was very difficult to try and adjust over the weekend like I should've done... I should've set my alarm, but I wouldn't dream of doing that on a weekend day with nothing pressing me to do so. So now I wanted to be to work around 8, but I don't see that happening...

My mind is just racing though, I've got lots of things I want to do. I bough some chalkboard spray-paint the other day and I want to paint a chalk surface on my beer kegs, and kegerator door. I want to build a combo Mail-bin, key rack, chalkboard using some bottles caps and six-pack carriers. I want to find out about getting a static IP address and a DSL with a better upload speed, and then set up a personal mail/file server for my friends and I to use, and me to experiment with Linux for servers, Debian or Ubuntu I think... I think I'll buy myself an EEE PC before I build a server though, unless I get help from said friends to build a server. And that depends on the internet connection, I would at least have to upgrade to the next higher speed package to get the better upload speed (though my down would not increase due to local copper 2-wire quality) and look into static DNS forwarding. Then I need to set up some MXrecords for the mail, and maybe get a page up... my brother currently own colinmckenney.com and djsopor.com, so I should use them and maybe a third for the email...

Ok, the server thing could be costly, and I could probably do the server for $350 or so, but then there's going to be some monthly and yearly fees (DSL cost, DNS entries, power) and if the guys really want to do this, there may have to be a small sign up and subscription fee, possibly including a custom email domain if they pay a little extra...

Gonna need some coffee in the morning...

No comments: